It’s Halloween season in the OG Neighborhood, and our friends are taking their festive preparations into the kitchen to build their own delicious spider sandwiches!
Join in the fun and follow our easy recipe below to create a dishful of these creepy-crawly creatures and celebrate in spooky style. You can also create more delicious spider sandwiches with other fun, healthy ingredients and serve an extra special treat to your friends and family members! Let’s get started:
SPIDER SANDWICHES – INGREDIENTS
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tbsp of jam
- 1 tbsp of nut or seed butter
- 8 pretzel sticks
- 2 chocolate chips
*Safety first: this cooking activity requires a knife to cut the bread slices. Please get help from an adult to make sure you complete this treat safely.
- With adult supervision, use a knife to carefully cut a circle out of each slice of bread. (Trick: Place a cup on top of the bread slices to help cut out a perfect circle)
- Next, spread the jam on one side of the first circle slice.
- Spread the nut or seed butter on one side of the second circle slice.
- Stick both circles together to create the body of the spider.
- Insert 4 pretzel sticks on each side to make the legs.
- Place 2 chocolate chips on top of the bread to create the eyes.