Learn how to make your own Gratitude Jar by decorating it with your favorite colors and collecting all your happy moments!
Each day, try to think of something that made you smile, a friend or family member’s name, or special items that you have and write them all down on slips of paper to place inside the jar. You can also draw pictures to practice your artistic skills!
Come back to your jar when you need a little inspiration, or take a trip back in time by reading all the wonderful things that you were grateful for in the past!
Gather the supplies below and follow our easy 3-step guide to get started:
GRATITUDE JAR DECORATING SUPPLIES
- An empty jar or container
- Slips of paper and/or label
- Colored markers
- Optional: paint, stickers, or ribbons
*Safety first: this DIY craft requires scissors to cut out the paper. Please get help from an adult to make sure you complete this activity safely.
- Choose a color and decorate your jar with fun designs, stickers, and other supplies. Optional: You can also paint your jars in your favorite colors to make it extra bright and personal!
- Next, use a slip of paper to create a label and add a title with the colored markers. We’re thinking of Gratitude Jar or Happy Moments!
- Lastly, make a list of everything you’re grateful for on separate slips of paper and start filling up your jar. You can also use the OG Gratitude ABCs Worksheet for inspiration!